Setting up and operating a business can be a complicated process. Though many of the legal requirements needed in business can be handled by the business owner and other people within the company, doing so tends to create more problems than it solves. This is why it is important to work with a business law attorney.
Business attorneys are vital in dealing with a variety of aspects of your business ranging from business incorporation, handling lawsuits and liabilities, drafting and reviewing contracts, filing for bankruptcy, dealing with zoning compliance, and providing assistance with trademark and copyrights.
Unfortunately, many business owners fail to realize they need an attorney until they are facing a legal problem. In many cases, these problems could have been avoided if had an attorney been consulted beforehand.
An experienced business law expert can help you:
- Plan corporate governance and ensure that annual meetings and election of officers conforms to the requirements of the state
- Help you protect tangible and intangible assets
- Assist you in drafting employment agreements
- Review and draft contracts
- Prepare exit strategies in case you, your partner, or one of the principals or major shareholders of your company leaves
- Assist you in reviewing complex legal documents
- Help you understand your tax requirements and abide by the tax law
- Deal with disputes and litigation
If you own a business or you are in the process of launching a business, it is vital for you to speak to a business attorney. Bruce Kunz can help. Bruce has been working with business owners in Perham, MN and throughout the area for years helping them manage the many legal issues that arise in business.